Sunday, January 10, 2010

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE FEMALE RAPPER?

Have anyone noticed what is happening with today’s female rappers? Everywhere you turn around, you can find industry heads, promoters and tastemakers are looking for a female rapper to work with. The criteria are usually as follows: desirable looks, female oriented topics and if they can rhyme two words together, it’s on! I guess you could say that the female rapper is back! We’ll I decided to send a post because I have been bombarded with musical opportunities from the industry that up until a year ago I would have thought was impossible. My inbox is full of established and start-up companies country wide and internationally, desiring to work me a “female rapper”. By the way, I’m Camile Isreal and you can Google me. When have you ever heard of a radio promoter sending multiple emails saying we want to work with you personally? RADIO!! That’s right! That has been my current experiences. This “new” female rap movement is moving very fast. I know that I’ll soon need a management team to help sort out my day to day business. I have more collab opportunities than ever. With a male dominated industry what DJ wouldn’t want an attractive female to grace his mixtapes. We all know that if a woman can identify with the music in any way, she is going to most likely support it. Women have been the most supportive people for my music and that has canceled the notion that females don’t support other women or women don’t get along

No comments:

Post a Comment